Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Angels in the Front Seat by Kim Michael -Copyright February 2015



Some weeks ago I was in Beverly, MA driving back to Manchester to catch the last flight out for the night.  I had been on four flights, drove to Beverly Massachusetts to meet with a friend and back to Manchester to head home to Nashville--all in a single day.  My flight was at 5:35p.  The meeting with my friend went to 3:15 and as I looked outside to the parking lot I could see the rain had not let up like I hoped it would.  Instead it was coming down even harder--in sheets--wind blowing--visibility only about 20%.

I drove back in a rented Hyundai SUV, a vehicle that I had never driven before and really didn't know how all of the features worked.  All I knew was I was going to miss my flight and I had not made arrangements to stay in New Hampshire for the night.   Sometimes in the heat of desperation we all do stupid things and I was so determined to make that flight--that at times, I was driving as much as 80 miles an hour.  

Even with the rain pounding and the wind blowing the rain sideways, I was amazed…I could see the road fine (which is a feat in itself because I am practically blind in the dark—can’t see a thing).  

Oddly people kept flashing their lights at me all the time I was driving and I kept thinking to myself "These people in Massachusetts sure don’t like to be passed".  When I got within five miles of the airport the rain began to let up and as I pulled into the garage, even with the lights in the garage, it was hard for me to see.  

Then I looked down at the dash and saw the true "miracle".  I had driven the entire way with my lights off-and yet in all that rain and wind and dark—I saw the road perfectly.  

I am convinced that angels are with us.  Sometimes as close as the seat next to us.  Guiding us, even when we don’t know they’re there.  And sometimes they help us to find our way home….even when we can’t see it for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment